What are soft skills?
- Soft skills are the personality traits, behaviours, and interpersonal skills that we use to interact with other people.
- Soft skills represent the top three missing skills amongst job applicants (SHRM).
- Some fundamental soft skills for the workplace include creativity, persuasion, emotional intelligence, and collaboration.
Why are soft skills important?
- Soft skills are vital to employers.
- Effective communication under high stress, empathising or encouraging a team member who might be struggling, and working collaboratively to meet a deadline are all examples of soft skills that carry the highest importance to any organisation.
- It can’t be replicated by artificial intelligence (AI).
The most important soft skills:
- Emotional intelligence
- Critical Thinking