You feel that your team is disengaged 😔, that they're going through slow motion 🐌 at work.
They simply don't care. 🤷
They sit at their desk. 🪑
They do their work with minimal. 😵
They're not involved mentally 🧠 and emotionally 💓 with what's happening.
Ever heard of silent quitting?
You can get positive engagement 👍 in a big hurry 🙌 with emotional intelligence.
Use the E's:
E like Evaluate ✍️
👉Review to Adjust, Motivate & Enliven
- Evaluate by going into a positive feedforward 👷 ♂️ way.
- Help them better find 🗺️ how they can be more engaged here; how they can contribute more.
- Most people when given the opportunity want to contribute more.
- They don't want to sit and be ignored 🤷 ♂️.
E like Envision 🔭
👉Share Common Goals & Objectives
- Envision with them, and share a common goal 🎯.
- Be on the same page 🔄️.
- Make them realize all you can do together 🤝.
- People like being part of the vision.
E like Empathize 💓
👉Create Strong, Connected relationships
- Empathize with them.
- Create that relationship 🔗.
- Let them know 💡.
- Not just anybody is here.
- Say to them they're special 🤩.
E like Encourage 🏅
👉celebrate & Praise Effort and Success
- Look for the little things to celebrate.🥳
- It's amazing how often people feel overlooked😞, unappreciated ☹️, and unthanked.
- Not everything always works well but I do look for little things to celebrate.
- The best teams 🥇 always spend time to find them.
- Let's appreciate the effort and appreciate what results we've got.
E like Empower 💪
👉Generate Experience, Education & Resources to Perform
- We empower them, give them motivation, give them experience, educate them 👩 🏫, give them resources, and let them know that they're trusted.
- Do let them have authority, let them have power ✊.
- You don't need to do everything yourself.
- Delegate share and appreciate people.
E like Enhance 🏗️
👉Create Paths to Meaningful Rewards & Results
- Look for ways that you can make things better.🔧
- It's amazing how many people neglect the simple things that can make a difference.
So how we engage people:
Evaluation, Envisioning, Empathizing, Encouragement, Empowering, and Enhancing.