The Scrum Master is accountable for establishing Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide.📘✅
They do this by helping everyone understand 🧠 Scrum theory and practice, both within the Scrum Team and the organization.
The Scrum Master is accountable for the Scrum Team’s effectiveness.💯
They do this by enabling the Scrum Team to improve 💪 its practices, within the Scrum framework.
Scrum Masters are true leaders who serve 🐕🦺 the Scrum Team and the larger organization.
⚽ The Scrum Master serves the Scrum Team in several ways, including:
- 👉 Coaching 👩🏫 the team members in self-management and cross-functionality;
- 👉 Helping the Scrum Team focus on creating high-value Increments that meet the Definition of Done ✅;
- 👉 Causing the removal ❌ of impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress; and,
- 👉 Ensuring that all Scrum events take place and are positive 🤗, productive, and kept within the timebox.
👨💼 The Scrum Master serves the Product Owner in several ways, including:
- 👉 Helping find techniques for effective Product Goal 🎯 definition and Product Backlog management;
- 👉 Helping the Scrum Team understand the need for clear 💎 and concise Product Backlog items;
- 👉 Helping establish empirical 🧪 product planning for a complex environment; and,
- 👉 Facilitating stakeholder collaboration 🤝 as requested or needed.
🏢 The Scrum Master serves the organization in several ways, including:
- 👉 Leading, training, and coaching the organization in its Scrum adoption 🍼;
- 👉 Planning 🗺️ and advising Scrum implementations within the organization;
- 👉 Helping employees and stakeholders understand 🧠 and enact an empirical approach for complex work; and,
- 👉 Removing ❌barriers between stakeholders and Scrum Teams.
#scrum #scrummaster #programming