Get a free copy of one of Java Champion Ben Evans #java books - courtesy of #redhat and #oreilly
Java, in a Nutshell, The updated edition of this Nutshell guide helps experienced Java programmers get the most out of versions through Java 17 and serves as a learning path for new developers. Chock-full of examples that demonstrate how to take complete advantage of modern Java APIs and development best practices, this thoroughly revised book includes new material on recent enhancements to the Java object model that every developer should know.
The first section provides a fast-paced, no-fluff introduction to the Java programming language and the core runtime aspects of the Java platform. The second section is a core concept and API reference that explains how to perform real programming work with Java.
• Get up to speed on language and core library details through Java 17
• Learn Java’s syntax and model for object-oriented programming
• Explore generics, enumerations, annotations, and lambda expressions
• Examine how concurrency and memory are intertwined
• Delve into Java’s latest I/O APIs, including asynchronous channels
• Become familiar with development tools in OpenJDK