- The ability to use and understand basic mobile, web, and computer applications to help people communicate effectively.
- Digital skills don't usually require extensive formal training, but might require experience and on-the-job learning to understand.
- Examples: communicating with colleagues online, advertising content on social media, managing interactions with consumers on an online chat, tracking orders and deliveries online
- Having knowledge related to specific technical applications such as computer programming or analytics.
- Having this knowledge usually requires taking specific training.
- Examples: writing code for a website, designing computer systems, analysing data, migrating and deploying cloud architecture.